Senior Software Engineer
Prometheus is looking for an experienced software developer to build open-source tools that amplify the value of scientific data to accelerate scientific discovery. Must be able to use efficient technologies like Python and HTSQL and familiar with modern agile development practices.
You will work within our novel application development platform, which blends the innovative (HTSQL + REACT forms) with the established (HTML + CSS + JS + GraphQL). Your responsibilities will include customizing our solutions with intuitive UIs that support elegant workflows and data interactions and develop impressive new JS-based components for our platform.
Daily activities include:
- Plan, document, build and test JS-based and REACT enhanced components for our template-driven web application
- Work with business and data analysts to implement and maintain back-end data pipelines
- Work with business process analysts to refine user requirements and translate them into a technical plan
- Participate in design discussions about overall functionality and architecture
- Work with managers and team members to estimate delivery times and set priorities
- Report on progress to relevant stakeholders
- Assist with the delivery of semi-custom applications to customers, which may involve developing prototype functionality not yet available in the main product trunk
This is a full-time, salaried position at either our headquarters in New Haven, Connecticut or remotely.